Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy March

This will be quick - but it does deserve at least one entry into the blog.  My husband returned from a trip to California (business) last week.  The next day was to be "our day" - a day of no duties, chores - just me and the guy I chose.  After a quick trip to the school to drop the children off - we were supposed to be off and on our way for a fun adventure...
As I am putting the finishing touches of make-up on my face (the first I have worn since Christmas), I hear my partner in life bellow from the bedroom, " What the &**$!?  Whose cr_p is this in MY suitcase????"  Some more explicatives... and then "Holy &*!@^ - I grabbed the WRONG bag from the luggage carousel!!!"  So after an hour on the phone with his new friend the recorded voice who takes concerns from passengers - we were off to the airport... for "our day."  Which means we had time for a lunch together (by the airport) and a quick glance at some furniture.  Not quite the "Home and Garden Show" I had dreamed of.  Good thing I'm a good natured sort.
The best part of the whole quagmire is this - my husband has been "gifted" with SO much confidence - that he actually thought initially that someone had put their stuff in HIS suitcase... (I suppose it's possible for another business man to stow away in the baggage compartment (sacrificing the need to breathe) of the airplane all for the sole purpose of exchanging his items for another man's belongings  - just for fun?)  Hmmm...
Silver Lining:
I get to go back to my favorite violin store (the one by the KNIFE SALE) tomorrow on a quest for a new D string... good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment