Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Good Stuff

All the Stuff That Went Right Today:

1. It wasn't bitterly cold this morning as I stood around in my front yard waiting for my dog to perform his morning duties.
2. I found a suitable hat to hide my wake-up hair - as not to embarrass my children in the school drop-off lane.
3. The walk that Henry (my dog) and I took today was more of choreographed waltz than drunken cha-cha - which is what it looks like most of the time.
4. I rediscovered a mighty fine play list on my ipod that I had forgotten about.
5. All breakfast items requested by my children were present in my cupboards and refrigerator.
6. A good friend stopped by to visit and she was good natured about the dreadful smells my dog was passing around in her personal space.
7. I think I actually heard the angels sing when I opened the doors to my new refrigerator that was delivered and installed today.  Nothin' like a new appliance - only happens once or twice in a blue moon around here.
8. My dog did not escape and head for greener pastures when he had the chance of a lifetime today.
9. I lost my appetite for Butterfinger and Babe Ruth fun size candy bars.
10. When I thought I was going to have to clean up another more substantial dog mess today, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was only Model Magic that my son had carefully colored and shaped to look exactly like... well... a substantial dog mess.
11. The sun was out all day.
12. I have two children who are worn out from a day well done.
I'm sure I could add more to the list, but I'm about to wind it up for the night.  Thinkin' makes me tired.
13. Oh yeah, one more thing: the dead bird souvenir the dog picked up and smuggled into his lair was confiscated and no one even lost their lunch when a little bird bone fell on the floor.

1 comment:

  1. cute! and every traffic light turned green, I love those days : )

    ReplyDelete