Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dingle Ling?

Oh, the world of skype...  It's all new to me actually.  We just installed our first webcam on Sunday - big doings here at the house of Burns.  Few basic questions I have about this new found technology:
1. Is it necessary to yell while communicating on skype?
2. Even with the lazy eye, I have a difficult time looking at the camera and the monitor at the same time - any solutions for this?
3. If I pick up the webcam and spin it around the room to show my skype friend my new room arrangement, will the skype friend become violently ill with motion sickness?
4. Is there some sort of swivel couch set-up I could purchase to set in front of the computer?  It seems that every time we hear the "bloop, bloop, bloop" of someone calling us, and  I sit down - somehow there are an additional six people/pets trying to get their mugs in front of the cam by way of my lap.
5. Is it okay that my seven year old says, "Mom, you're dingle is ringing!"
6. And for the love of Pete, if you notice a big hunk of spinach in my teeth when you are skyping with me - will you PLEASE alert me before I smile my biggest gummiest smile all over town, making small talk with all the parents at gymnastics, basketball, and school???
I'm sure I will think of more as I continue on my skype journey, but that's it for now - gotta go brush my hair and put on a different shirt - someone's calling me on the dingle!

No comments:

Post a Comment