Thursday, November 5, 2009

Describe on of the scars on your body...

Where do I begin?  My favorite scar story started with a little lump on my jawline.  I had to have the bump removed by a plastic surgeon.  I was teaching Kindergarten at the time, so I knew the stitches would not go unnoticed.  When I returned to work, there were many questions and comments about the new contusion on my face.  However, the best part of this story is that we had started a Kindergarten Journal that week, and it just so happens that the prompt for that day was: "Draw a picture of your teacher and tell one thing about her."  So now in memory box of at least one of well-meaning mother who has kept all of her child's mementos from Kindergarten, there is now a picture of Mrs. Burns with a pirate-like scar on the side of her face and the caption: "This is my teacher. She has a zipper on her face."  Ahhh... Kindergarten...

Silver Lining:  I have respect for each and every one of the scars on my body because every one of them has a story that involves saving my life or making someone laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment