Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Stalker

Mom!  Come 'ere!  I got him!  Look at this!!
Wow, that's a really long worm.  Where ever did you dig up such a find?
Oh, I didn't dig him up!
....well, then how did this worm come into your possession?
You see that big fat robin over there?
Yes.
I been watchin' him for a really long time.  When he finally plucked up a worm from that grass, I scared him away and got his worm!!
No way...
Yes way - wanna watch me do it again??!
I'm in.
Sure enough.  I have a son who is stalking winter-starved robins so he can scare the feathers clean off 'em, slide on his belly through the wet grass, and snatch away a worm that would have probably fed several families of robins.  Another proud moment.  Happy Mother's Day to me... I've obviously done a heck of a job.

1 comment:

  1. omg! i'm telling his teacher AND please teach him how to dig in the dirt!

    ReplyDelete