Friday, January 21, 2011

Epilogue

"I'm not lost... just undiscovered."  I was loading up my ipod by way of itunes this afternoon, and came across that lyric in a song. Yes, I willingly entered the fiery pit of USB ports and un-doable computer commands...  given yesterday's events.  Anyway, here's my take on that lyric:  I've had this notion most of my life, that if I carry myself in a professional manner and use an adept vocabulary with appropriate intonation, others will assume that I am intelligent.  Well, the cat is out of the bag, folks.  I am neither super intelligent nor am I in a position to care anymore.  I have made peace with Borders.com and my e-reader.  We're not as close as we used to be - not sure that bond will ever be as strong.  But I have come to grips with the fact that I must read directions out loud several times, draw myself a picture, and sometimes even curse profusely to gain and apply new knowledge.  Turns out, I've just shed another layer of pride. So if you catch me screaming at my kids while wandering around looking for my car in the Wal-Mart parking lot, and using sentences like, "I seen him do it - I ain't lyin!"  - you'll know, I'm not lost anymore - I've just been discovered.
Oh, and I also forgave my chair - I just tilted my monitor forward so I can read from my new lower view... it's all good... really.

No comments:

Post a Comment